Allans Billy Hyde is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard customers' personal information.
Allans Billy Hyde collects personal information about customers in order to conduct its retail business. Allans Billy Hyde is obliged to collect, use, disclose and hold personal information in compliance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
The type of personal information collected may include a customer’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, what was purchased, date of purchase, information on how you use our products and services and how much you spend, information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites, and personal preferences regarding musical instruments. This information helps us develop and make available products to suit your needs.
How Allans Billy Hyde may use Customers’ Personal Information
The personal information you provide Allans Billy Hyde may be collected, used and disclosed for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
Allans Billy Hyde will also use customer information to enable it to market its products and services to customers, where customers have given consent to do so.
- processing your orders or applications;
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes;
- purposes relating to any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Allans Billy Hyde or its assets; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
To opt-out of receiving Allans Billy Hyde marketing materials customers can “unsubscribe” by selecting this option on any emails received from Allans Billy Hyde, by advising any Allans Billy Hyde sales consultant or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be unsubscribed. You can also send updates of your personal information to this email address, or advise a sales consultant, to ensure your details are correct and up to date.
Please note that if you have an account with Allans Billy Hyde, you will still be sent essential information about your account.
Sharing Customers’ Personal Information
Allans Billy Hyde may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- parties involved in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Allans Billy Hyde or its assets;
- our service providers who assist us in providing our services, including organisations that assist us with archival, research, mail and delivery, auditing, management consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security or technology services;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities.
Security of Personal Information
Allans Billy Hyde will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access your Personal Information
Upon your request, Allans Billy Hyde will provide access to your personal information held by Allans Billy Hyde, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
Additional information for users of our Websites
If you visit a Allans Billy Hyde website, including www.allansbillyhyde.com.au, to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed and any information you may have downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting, website administration and maintenance purposes only.
Like many websites, our Websites may use "cookies" from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer always allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our Websites, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
The Websites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites.
If you have any queries or concerns, further information can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or calling 1300 ALLANS.
Allans Billy Hyde Pty Ltd ABN 83 600 139 268
Last updated: 14 July 2014